Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
Homeownership & Renters
Development & Property Managers
Over 50 Years Of Service and Getting Better
WHEDA works closely with lenders, developers, local government, nonprofits, community groups, and others to implement its low-cost financing programs. Since 1972, WHEDA has financed more than 87,300 affordable rental units, helped more than 138,300 families purchase a home, and made more than 29,280 small business and agricultural loan guarantees.
Our Strategic Priorities
- We put people first.
- We do what only we were created to do.
- We protect housing as a core human need.
Our Strategic Goals
- BE the authority on housing in Wisconsin.
- INCREASE housing choices for people across the state.
- CENTER human experience in operations and decisions.
All people in Wisconsin have an affordable place to call home.
We help Wisconsin thrive by expanding access to affordable housing choices.