Mortgage Lending - Getting Started
For over 40 years, WHEDA has helped more than 133,000 home buyers in Wisconsin realize their dreams. We achieve this with unique mortgage products designed to expand what's possible for our partners and the families they serve.
Features and Benefits:
- Advantage Conventional and Advantage FHA products
- Reduced interest rate option for eligible first-time home buyers, eligible veterans and borrowers purchasing in a target area, along with no loan-level price adjustments
- Reduced MI available to eligible borrowers (Conventional)
- Two Down Payment Assistance (DPA) products for use with both Advantage Conventional and Advantage FHA products
- Multiple property types eligible for financing, some with no borrower minimum investment required
- Multiple delivery channel options
- Broker - underwritten by WHEDA, table funded
- Correspondent - underwritten, closed, funded by Lender
- Mini-Correspondent - underwritten by WHEDA, closed, funded by Lender
- Exclusive Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program for eligible borrowers
- Quick turnaround times for rate locks, underwriting and loan funding
- Manual underwriting available
- Live lender support from WHEDA's Single Family team
- Local loan servicing of all loans by a non-retail competitor
We work every day to make our advantage your advantage – the WHEDA Advantage. Certain program restrictions, program compliance income limits, purchase price or loan limits and other eligibility requirements apply.
Getting Started with WHEDA
Contact WHEDA’s Sales Team to begin the application process.