WHEDA Foundation Housing Grants Materials & Online Application
The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) and the WHEDA Foundation, Inc. announce the availability of grant funds through the 2020 Housing Grant Program competition. Grant funds totaling $1,040,000 will be awarded to support the development or improvement of housing facilities in Wisconsin for low-income persons with special needs. This Fund will support two separate housing competitions: Emergency/Transitional category, and Permanent category.
- Application submission for the current year program is now open.
- Maximum individual grant award is $40,000 per project. There is no minimum grant award and smaller funding requests are allowed. Applicants may submit only one application per category.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations or cooperatives organized under Chapters 181, 185, or 187 of the Wisconsin Statutes; community development, redevelopment, and housing authorities; and local units of government, including Native American tribal authorities.
- Grant recipients that received three consecutive funding awards through the WHEDA Foundation 2017, 2018, and 2019 housing grant competitions are not eligible to apply for the 2020 housing grants program.
- For flexibility in awarding grants to the "best of the best", review teams will be able to allocate more or less than 50% of the pool to each category depending on the quality of applications. However, no category will be allocated less than 25% or more than 75% of the total pool.
- Applications are due on August 21, 2020.
- Grant awards will be announced on or about December 18, 2020.
The current year grant information packet consists of five documents each of which are available in a PDF file format.