WHEDA Foundation Housing Grants Materials & Online Application
The 2022 Housing Grant Program competition is now open!
The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) and the WHEDA Foundation, Inc. announce the availability of grant funds through the 2022 Housing Grant Program competition. Grant funds totaling $1,000,000 will be awarded to support the development or improvement of housing facilities in Wisconsin for low-income persons with special needs. This Fund will support two separate housing competitions: Emergency/Transitional category, and Permanent category.
- Application submission for the current year program is now open.
- Maximum individual grant award is $50,000 per project. There is no minimum grant award and smaller funding requests are allowed. Applicants may submit only one application per category.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations or cooperatives organized under Chapters 181, 185, or 187 of the Wisconsin Statutes; community development, redevelopment, and housing authorities; and local units of government, including Native American tribal authorities.
- Grant recipients that received three consecutive funding awards through the WHEDA Foundation 2019, 2020, and 2021 housing grant competitions are not eligible to apply for the 2022 housing grants program.
- For flexibility in awarding grants to the "best of the best", review teams will be able to allocate more or less than 50% of the pool to each category depending on the quality of applications. However, no category will be allocated less than 25% or more than 75% of the total pool.
- Applications are due on August 26, 2022.
- Grant awards will be announced on or about December 21, 2022.
The current year grant information packet consists of five documents each of which are available in a PDF file format.
- Program Announcement
- Program Details and Instructions
- Request for Proposals
- Application - Fillable PDF
- Application Checklist
WHEDA Foundation Housing Grant Program Application Submission
The 2021 Housing Grant Program competition is closed to applications. Applications were due on August 23, 2021.
Please save and upload your documents with the naming conventions below.
|Required||Completed Application Form||NameAPP||AbcHousingAPP|
|Required||Financial Statement (most recent Form 990, Audited Financial Statement, Wisconsin Department of Revenue Financial Report, or an Annual Financial Statement||NameFinancial||AbcHousingFinancial|
|Required||Bidding or an Offer to Purchase (A minimum of two bids for each use of funds is required. If you are purchasing property, a signed offer to purchase is required)||NameBID1, NameBID2, etc.
|AbcHousingBID1, AbcHousingBID2, etc.
|Optional||Letters of Recommendation||NameLetters1||AbcHousingLetters1, etc.|
|Optional||Additional supplemental information||NameSupplemental1||AbcHousingSupplemental1, AbcHousingSupplemental2, etc.|
Housing Grant Program Application Submission Form
File Upload Instructions: You can upload multiple files in a single box. Just hold down the Ctrl key (Command key on MacOS) and select your files. For any technical issues, please email Lincoln Theiler at firstname.lastname@example.org.