Transform Milwaukee Initiative
Transform Milwaukee began in April 2012 as a comprehensive, public-private initiative that leverages the City of Milwaukee’s workforce, industrial strengths and transportation assets to expand community investments, increase business development, boost job creation and strengthen neighborhoods.
WHEDA's Role in Transform Milwaukee
WHEDA has been and always will be committed to Milwaukee, as well as the state of Wisconsin. Historically, WHEDA contributions to Milwaukee have been significant, totaling more than $2.5 billion over the past 45 years.
WHEDA understands that Wisconsin’s economic vitality is dependent upon a vibrant Milwaukee and has always recognized Milwaukee’s key role in Wisconsin’s economic well-being. With its 45-year history and institutional knowledge, WHEDA has successfully supported Transform Milwaukee since its inception in 2012.
Transform Milwaukee Core Areas
Major Industrial Corridors
Transform Milwaukee focused on restoring economic vitality through public-private investments in the industrial corridors and surrounding neighborhoods connecting five major industrial cores:
WHEDA's Investment in Transform Milwaukee
- TMI Insider Newsletter 1 - August 1, 2013
- TMI Insider Newsletter 2 - October 1, 2013
- TMI Insider Newsletter 3 - February 1, 2014
- TMI Insider Newsletter 4 - June 1, 2014
- TMI Insider Newsletter 5 - October 1, 2014
- TMI Insider Newsletter 6 - April 20, 2015
- TMI Insider Newsletter 7 - October 12, 2015
- TMI Insider Newsletter 8 - June 1, 2016
- TMI Insider Newsletter 9 - September 12, 2016
- TMI Insider Newsletter 10 - Summer 2017 (5th Anniversary)
TMI Key Investments - Apr 30, 2014
TMI Movie Trailer - Nov 18, 2013
Transform Milwaukee - Aug 15, 2013